FOR ALL STAFF POSITIONS:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, and a reasonable ability to articulate that commitment in ways appropriate to Christikon’s ministry and constituency.
- Desire and ability to live together and work with other staff and with campers in an intensive and intentional Christian community.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Maturity, common sense, good judgment.
- Desire and ability to live in, work in and move about the mountainous terrain in which the camp is located.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- At least one year beyond high school, and at least 19 years of age during the camping season.
- Carry out and provide necessary support for Christikon’s camping program in ways appropriate to Christikon’s Mission Statement.
- Share responsibility for shaping a community of staff, campers and other guests that is grounded in Christian faith.
- Follow and support Christikon goals, policies and procedures, and interpret them to campers, guests, and other staff.
- Plan and lead worship, Bible study introductions, and group recreation as assigned.
- Prepare for and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each camp session.
- Lead “interest groups” during camp sessions according to one’s skills, background and interests, and as time and other assigned responsibilities permit.
Trails Room Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications: Appreciation for order and attention to details
Responsible to: Director
General Responsibility: Prepare and coordinate use of equipment and food for trails programs according to Christikon policies and procedures.
- Organize, prepare, re-package, check out and check in food and equipment items for hiking, overnighting and backpacking programs according to established policies, procedures, checklists, and authorized menus.
- Provide for efficient, cost-effective use of available equipment and supplies.
- Monitor inventory of trails room supplies and equipment, and place orders when necessary with Director or Head Cook to ensure timely arrival of supplies.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair for trails equipment.
- Keep timely records of departure and return information for all groups leaving the camp on hikes, overnights and backpacks; submit records to office for permanent keeping.
- Assist in orientation of trails groups prior to their departure.
- Maintain a neat, orderly Trails Room and a clean, sanitary food preparation area in the Trails Room.
- Supervise the work of the Trails Room Assistant when that position is filled.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ability to lift, unload and move food and supplies.
- Ability to use Trails Room equipment safely, including camp stoves, electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to maintain appropriate inventories of food and supplies.
- Ability to determine cleanliness of dishes, food contact surfaces, and food service areas.
- Ability to assess condition of food.