FOR ALL STAFF POSITIONS:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, and a reasonable ability to articulate that commitment in ways appropriate to Christikon’s ministry and constituency.
- Desire and ability to live together and work with other staff and with campers in an intensive and intentional Christian community.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Maturity, common sense, good judgment.
- Desire and ability to live in, work in and move about the mountainous terrain in which the camp is located.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- At least one year beyond high school, and at least 19 years of age during the camping season.
- Carry out and provide necessary support for Christikon’s camping program in ways appropriate to Christikon’s Mission Statement.
- Share responsibility for shaping a community of staff, campers and other guests that is grounded in Christian faith.
- Follow and support Christikon goals, policies and procedures, and interpret them to campers, guests, and other staff.
- Plan and lead worship, Bible study introductions, and group recreation as assigned.
- Prepare for and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each camp session.
- Lead “interest groups” during camp sessions according to one’s skills, background and interests, and as time and other assigned responsibilities permit.
Minimum Qualifications: Ability to type
Responsible to: Director
General Responsibility: Facilitate the work of the Director, particularly in office procedures, registration, and canteen management.
- Assist with office work, including computer data entry, record keeping, correspondence, filing, registration, reporting, handling of funds, cabin assignments, etc.
- Operate office equipment, including computer, typewriter, copier.
- Supervise canteen operations; provide for a neat, clean and sanitary canteen operation.
- Provide for safe handling and storage of funds from canteen and registration according to established procedures.
- Gather outgoing mail and take it to the mailbox at the gate at appropriate times; take delivered mail to the camp office; sort mail for distribution.
- Organize Quiet Time folders and Bible study texts for trails use.
- Conduct inventory of canteen and office supplies and place orders when necessary to ensure timely arrival of supplies.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ability to use computer, typewriter, copier, telephone.
- Ability to keep neat and orderly records.
- Ability to carry messages and supplies throughout the camp as needed.