FOR ALL STAFF POSITIONS:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, and a reasonable ability to articulate that commitment in ways appropriate to Christikon’s ministry and constituency.
- Desire and ability to live together and work with other staff and with campers in an intensive and intentional Christian community.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Maturity, common sense, good judgment.
- Desire and ability to live in, work in and move about the mountainous terrain in which the camp is located.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- At least one year beyond high school, and at least 19 years of age during the camping season.
- Carry out and provide necessary support for Christikon’s camping program in ways appropriate to Christikon’s Mission Statement.
- Share responsibility for shaping a community of staff, campers and other guests that is grounded in Christian faith.
- Follow and support Christikon goals, policies and procedures, and interpret them to campers, guests, and other staff.
- Plan and lead worship, Bible study introductions, and group recreation as assigned.
- Prepare for and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each camp session.
- Lead “interest groups” during camp sessions according to one’s skills, background and interests, and as time and other assigned responsibilities permit.
See minimum qualifications for all staff
Responsible to: Director
Plan and coordinate various recreational activities for the camp program, fostering a faith-related perception of them as re-creation.
- Plan and lead game times with campers.
- Organize Interest Group periods and coordinate staff leadership for them.
- Plan and coordinate all-camp challenge games.
- Help train counseling staff in recognizing and leading opportunities for re-creational interaction between staff and campers.
- Offer counselors various ideas for small-group re-creational activities, and train them as needed to implement the ideas.
- Assist counselors in developing activities related to daily Bible studies.
- Implement camp safety policies and procedures during re-creational activities.
- Organize, implement and secure leadership for After-Dinner Options for campers.
- Maintain the inventory of re-creation and craft supplies.
- Offer trails staff various ideas for re-creational activities out on the trail.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ability to communicate with and work with counselors and campers.
- Ability to provide staff and campers with necessary re-creational instruction.
- Ability to monitor maintain appropriate inventories re-creational supplies.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement re-creation events.
- Ability to be flexible and creative in planning, leading and implementing re-creation activities (with regard to numbers of people involved, special group or individual needs that may arise, time frames utilized, etc.)