FOR ALL STAFF POSITIONS:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, and a reasonable ability to articulate that commitment in ways appropriate to Christikon’s ministry and constituency.
- Desire and ability to live together and work with other staff and with campers in an intensive and intentional Christian community.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Maturity, common sense, good judgment.
- Desire and ability to live in, work in and move about the mountainous terrain in which the camp is located.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- At least one year beyond high school, and at least 19 years of age during the camping season.
- Carry out and provide necessary support for Christikon’s camping program in ways appropriate to Christikon’s Mission Statement.
- Share responsibility for shaping a community of staff, campers and other guests that is grounded in Christian faith.
- Follow and support Christikon goals, policies and procedures, and interpret them to campers, guests, and other staff.
- Plan and lead worship, Bible study introductions, and group recreation as assigned.
- Prepare for and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each camp session.
- Lead “interest groups” during camp sessions according to one’s skills, background and interests, and as time and other assigned responsibilities permit.
Responsible to: Head Cook
General Responsibility: Supervise campers and staff in pre-meal preparation of the dining area and in after-meal clean-up of kitchen, dining area, and Lodge
- Supervise camper/counselor table setting prior to meals.
- Assist cooks with any necessary last-minute food preparation/serving tasks.
- Prepare sinks for dish washing after meals, according to sink procedures. Prepare table-wiping cans/cloths/towels. Assist with putting away food and condiment items.
- Supervise camper/counselor dishwashing and Lodge/food service clean-up after meals.
- Provide for dishwasher operation according to established procedures.
- Provide for sweeping/mopping/vacuuming of Lodge and exterior decking, dining area, and kitchen according to established procedures.
- Insure proper storage of Lodge/food service equipment and supplies.
- Oversee putting away of dishes/utensils/etc. in proper locations.
- Make sure that counters, tables, sinks, cart and food service area surfaces are properly cleaned and sanitized after each meal.
- Wash off exterior of dishwasher with warm soapy water after each meal, and dry with a towel. At the end of each day, remove and clean screen, and wipe out the interior of the dishwasher with a towel.
- Provide for regular washing of floor mats and their return to proper locations.
- Provide for regular washing, rinsing, and drying of food service garbage cans.
- Provide for regular sweeping and mopping of pantry and cooler.
- At least once a session, soak kitchen mops overnight in bleach solution. Rinse well; wring out well.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ability to lift, unload and move food, supplies and dishes.
- Ability to use kitchen equipment safely, including electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to determine cleanliness of dishes, food contact surfaces, and food service areas.