FOR ALL STAFF POSITIONS:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, and a reasonable ability to articulate that commitment in ways appropriate to Christikon’s ministry and constituency.
- Desire and ability to live together and work with other staff and with campers in an intensive and intentional Christian community.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Maturity, common sense, good judgment.
- Desire and ability to live in, work in and move about the mountainous terrain in which the camp is located.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- At least one year beyond high school, and at least 19 years of age during the camping season.
- Carry out and provide necessary support for Christikon’s camping program in ways appropriate to Christikon’s Mission Statement.
- Share responsibility for shaping a community of staff, campers and other guests that is grounded in Christian faith.
- Follow and support Christikon goals, policies and procedures, and interpret them to campers, guests, and other staff.
- Plan and lead worship, Bible study introductions, and group recreation as assigned.
- Prepare for and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each camp session.
- Lead “interest groups” during camp sessions according to one’s skills, background and interests, and as time and other assigned responsibilities permit.
Responsible to: Head Cook
General Responsibility: Assist the Head Cook with food preparation and other kitchen responsibilities.
- Assist in preparing foods, including washing/peeling vegetables, preparing poultry, meats, breads, soups, desserts, etc., weighing and measuring foods.
- Store and utilize left-overs in safe and cost-effective manner.
- Clean utensils and food service area, carry pots and pans, distribute food and supplies.
- Help receive and properly store food and other supplies.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ability to lift, unload and move food, supplies and dishes.
- Ability to use kitchen equipment safely, including electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to maintain appropriate inventories of food and supplies.
- Ability to determine cleanliness of dishes, food contact surfaces, and food service areas.
- Ability to assess condition of food.